Bring your family and friends out for a special day on April 2nd! There will be one-day only specials offered at participating shops and restaurants, Open Studios & Workshops at the art studios, Opening Receptions at the galleries, and much more. Our “official” First Friday event time is from 5 to 8 PM but many of the businesses will be open before and some even after those hours, please check with any specific locations for their hours of operation.
Featured specials include:
- Shepherd’s Old Field Market will be open offering a variety of shopping opportunities from nearly 70 different stores and services, their new ice cream shop The Salted Scoop will be open also!
- Live music at the Port of Leonardtown Winery including Barrel Wine Tasting w/ winemaker Lauren Zimmerman and a food truck will be there also.
- Artists Reception at the North End Gallery for their new show “Spring Forward” featuring the work of both their new and current members.
- The Old Jail Museum will be hosting free tours from 10 AM to 7 PM, the Leonardtown Visitors Center is also located there.
- Arts-related businesses will be open including the St. Mary’s County Arts Council Gallery & Gift Shop will be open as well as New View Fiber Works, Fenwick St. Used Books & Music, Crazy for Ewe, Board & Brush Leonardtown, Wine & Design, and others.
- Ye Olde Towne Cafe will be offering breakfast and lunch specials.
- The Good Earth Natural Foods Co. will be open from 10 AM to 6 PM offering locally sourced produce and wine as well as a large selection of items including: groceries, supplements, pet care, beauty/bath & body items and much more!
- Leonardtown First Friday Meet-Up hosted by St. Mary’s Young Professionals will be hosted at Social Coffee House.
Shops and restaurants will be open late for dining, desserts, and dancing at some locations! There will always be something for everyone of all ages and interests!
Check the Leonardtown First Fridays Facebook page for details about specific events in Downtown, Midtown, and Uptown as they are announced, we look forward to seeing you on April 2nd!
Also be sure to check out www.VisitLeonardtownMD.com for a comprehensive listing of the many shops and restaurants, please contact desired locations for specific hours, COVID-19 safety guidelines, and event info. Also see the events section at the Visit St. Mary’s County website for additional info about this and other upcoming local events in the area.
A huge note of appreciation to the Town of Leonardtown, the St. Mary’s County Commissioners, Leonardtown Business Association (LBA) members, and the First Friday volunteers for their assistance with these events.
We are especially appreciative of the support from our LBA Platinum Sponsors (Cheseldine Tire & Auto, Leonardtown Chevy Buick GMC, Marrick Homes, Quality Built Homes, St. Mary’s County Arts Council, The County Times, & Visit St. Mary’s) who all have contributed to make First Fridays a wonderful community event!
Photo collage courtesy of Visit St. Mary’s MD.