Bring your family and friends for a special day on First Friday, August 6th, 2021! There will be one-day only specials offered at participating shops and restaurants, Open Studios & Workshops at the art studios, Opening Receptions at the galleries, and much more.
Our “official” First Friday event time has traditionally been from 5 to 8 PM but many of the businesses will be open before and even after those hours, please check with specific locations for their hours of operation.
Be sure to visit the newly opened Butterfly Trail while you are here!
Featured specials include:
- Arts-related businesses will be open including St. Mary’s County Arts Council Gallery & Gift Shop, New View Fiber Works, Crazy for Ewe, Board & Brush Leonardtown, Wine & Design, Craft Guild Shop, and others.
- Audience Participation Drum Circle from 6-7 PM and youth Drumline Performance from 7-8 PM hosted by the SoMar Drummers and St. Mary’s County Arts Council
- Fenwick St. Used Books & Music – open late, come shop from a wide variety of books and music!
- North End Gallery – will feature their new exhibit “Edge of the Sea, Corner of the Sky” from 11 AM to 8 PM w/ an Art & Wine Night from 5-8 PM!
- Old Jail Museum – will be hosting free tours from 10 AM to 7 PM, the Leonardtown Visitors Center is also located at the museum.
- Port of Leonardtown Winery – live music w/ Joe Parsons from 5:30 to 8:30 PM, plus the No Sauce Q food truck!
- Shepherd’s Old Field Market will be offering a variety of shopping opportunities from over 70 different stores and services, their new ice cream shop The Salted Scoop will be open also!
- St. Mary’s County Arts Council will host local artist Rachel Naber from Aldyea Learning Center, come meet her and learn some new artistic techniques! Their friends from Music from Poplar Hill will also be present for a Meet & Greet and to share info about upcoming events.
- The Good Earth Natural Foods Co. will be open from 10 AM to 6 PM offering 10% off all smoothies!
Make it an overnight stay at The Inn at Leonardtown, newly renovated and located in Downtown!
Shops and restaurants will be open late for dining, desserts, and more! There will be something for everyone of all ages and interests!
Check the Leonardtown First Fridays Facebook page for details about specific events in Downtown, Midtown, and Uptown as they are announced, we look forward to seeing you!
Also be sure to check out www.VisitLeonardtownMD.com for a comprehensive listing of shops and restaurants as there will be many more open besides those listed above.
Please contact desired locations for specific hours, COVID-19 safety guidelines, and event info. Also see the events section at the Visit St. Mary’s County website for additional info about these and other upcoming local events in the area.
A huge note of appreciation to the Town of Leonardtown, the St. Mary’s County Commissioners, Leonardtown Business Association (LBA) members, the SoMar Drummers and the First Friday volunteers for their assistance with these events.
We are especially appreciative of the support from our LBA Platinum Sponsors (Cheseldine Tire & Auto, Leonardtown Chevy Buick GMC, Marrick Homes, Quality Built Homes, St. Mary’s County Arts Council, The County Times, & Visit St. Mary’s) who all have contributed to make First Fridays a wonderful community event.