Bring your family and friends for a special day on First Friday, July 2nd, 2021! There will be one-day only specials offered at participating shops and restaurants, Open Studios & Workshops at the art studios, Opening Receptions at the galleries, and much more.
Our “official” First Friday event time has traditionally been from 5 to 8 PM but many of the businesses will be open before and even after those hours, please check with specific locations for their hours of operation.
Featured specials include:
- Arts-related businesses will be open including St. Mary’s County Arts Council Gallery & Gift Shop, New View Fiber Works, Crazy for Ewe, Board & Brush Leonardtown, Wine & Design, Craft Guild Shop, and others.
- Audience Participation Drum Circle from 6-7 PM and youth Drumline Performance from 7-8 PM hosted by the SoMar Drummers and St. Mary’s County Arts Council
- Fenwick St. Used Books & Music – Meet local author Robert F. Lackey at his book signing from 5 to 8 PM!
- R&B LineDance from 6 to 7 PM in front of the St. Mary’s County Arts Council building, easy lessons for all levels and fun! Just join in!
- North End Gallery – will feature their new exhibit “From Sea to Shining Sea” from 11 AM to 8 PM.
- Old Jail Museum – will be hosting free tours from 10 AM to 7 PM, the Leonardtown Visitors Center is also located at the museum.
- Port of Leonardtown Winery – it’s a Karaoke/ Dance Party from 5:30 to 8:30 PM, plus food trucks!
- Shepherd’s Old Field Market will be offering a variety of shopping opportunities from over 70 different stores and services, their new ice cream shop The Salted Scoop will be open also!
- St. Mary’s County Arts Council will host local artist Hannah Wichrowski who will be demonstrating linocut printing without a press, using oil-based inks to print from carved linoleum blocks to create unique designs and artwork.
- The Good Earth Natural Foods Co. will be open from 10 AM to 6 PM offering 10% off their “Red, White & Blues Smoothie”!
Shops and restaurants will be open late for dining, desserts, and more! There will be something for everyone of all ages and interests!
Check the Leonardtown First Fridays Facebook page for details about specific events in Downtown, Midtown, and Uptown as they are announced, we look forward to seeing you on July 2nd!
Also be sure to check out www.VisitLeonardtownMD.com for a comprehensive listing of the many shops and restaurants. Please contact desired locations for specific hours, COVID-19 safety guidelines, and event info. Also see the events section at the Visit St. Mary’s County website for additional info about these and other upcoming local events in the area.
A huge note of appreciation to the Town of Leonardtown, the St. Mary’s County Commissioners, Leonardtown Business Association (LBA) members, the SoMar Drummers and the First Friday volunteers for their assistance with these events.
We are especially appreciative of the support from our LBA Platinum Sponsors (Cheseldine Tire & Auto, Leonardtown Chevy Buick GMC, Marrick Homes, Quality Built Homes, St. Mary’s County Arts Council, The County Times, & Visit St. Mary’s) who all have contributed to make First Fridays a wonderful community event!
Featured Image/ Photo Collage courtesy of Visit St. Mary’s.